Top Ad

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Euge Groove Is "Born 2 Groove" Next Month

Saxophonist Euge Groove is releasing his fifth solo album, Born 2 Groove, on June 19th. The new set is his first to be recording in High Definition Audio and features primarily new material co-produced by the artist with Paul Brown. Featured guests include former Temptations singer Ali Ollie Woodson and Jeffrey Osborne.

Groove reached out to a new core band with a musical grounding beyond contemporary jazz. Starting with musical director and bassist Cornelius Mims, whose background is in contemporary gospel, Groove added keyboardist Tracy Carter, the musical director for Faithful Central Bible Church in Los Angeles, guitarist Jubi Smith from R&B band Toni! Tony! Tone! and drummer Trevor Lawrence, who has worked with India.Arie.

Said Groove, "I wanted to bring the music to church and hear what my songs would sound like if they had the soul of church musicians. They speak a completely different language of music than I am used to."

Before becoming a smooth jazz sax star, Groove toured with Tina Turner, Huey Lewis & the News, Bonnie Raitt, the Gap Band, and was a member of the Tower Of Power Horns. While he plays a number of different horns, he does have a preference in saxophones: "I think the tenor, from doing all the rock n'roll over the years. And you know, my heroes were King Curtis and Junior Walker and those guys, and they were all screaming, big, fat-sounding tenor players, you know, so I think I prefer that. The soprano takes me back to the classical side of it, because it's much sweeter and a much more controlled instrument. Alto I started on but, I don't know, I just kind of gravitated away from that, I think."

By: Janine Coveney - icebergradio.com

Track List:
1 A Summer Night's Dream
2 Mr. Groove
3 Café del Soul
4 Slow Jam
5 Born 2 Groove
6 Religify Grove
7 Geez Spot
8 I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
9 Movin' On
10 Baby If You Only Knew (What I Could Do)


Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com
Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: