Top Ad

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Heads Up International Signs Saxophonist Candy Dulfer

Heads Up International, one of the world’s top contemporary jazz labels, today announced the signing of an exclusive deal with Dutch alto-saxophonist/vocalist Candy Dulfer, whose debut recording for the label, Candy Store (HUCD 3131), is scheduled for international release in June and U.S. release in September 2007.

Raised in a family heavily involved in the Dutch jazz scene, Dulfer has been performing since age seven, and has been touring the world with her own band, Funky Stuff, since the early ’90s. After Prince first introduced her to the world in his “Partyman” video, the Grammy nominated saxophonist has continued to record and/or perform with a pantheon of pop and jazz giants, including Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics, Van Morrison, Maceo Parker, Beyoncé, Pink Floyd, Chaka Khan, David Sanborn, Larry Graham, Aretha Franklin, Jimmy Cliff, George Duke, Blondie, Jools Holland, Jamie Cullum, Angie Stone, Tower of Power, The Time, Alan Parsons, Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis, Joey DiFrancesco and Jonathan Butler.

“I’m so looking forward to the release of this album,” says Dulfer. “I had a blast recording for my new label, Heads Up. They gave me absolute freedom to record whatever I wanted, so this CD truly represents how I feel about music. All the influences and lessons I received from my musical mentors are clearly here, but I also really feel I’m finally coming into my own. Making music shouldn’t be this much fun, it has spoiled me to bits and I can’t wait to go out on the road and play all these wonderful songs. The Candy store is open for business!”

“We are very excited about working with Candy,” says Dave Love, President of Heads Up International. “Candy is such an incredible saxophonist, and she plays with ease across a wide range of jazz and pop styles. She’s also a great composer who has much to offer.”

Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com
Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: